Sunday, May 16, 2010

The day in which I became myself and you became my friend for life

I said I would blog about this day, and so I must. 





A springtime past


we took off down a prairie road
singing I'm like a Bird at the top of our lungs
talking or not talking


laughing like hyenas
crying like the brokenhearted
screaming like banshees


arriving like Thelma and Louise 
to the edge of a canyon
(a secret place that is like balm to my soul)
and then moving on from 
the cows and the cactus
to your Grandmother's little house
in a littler town
and then on again to 
walk in the slush 
alongside the rushing waters of spring
and over the little bridge
(from which I had tossed my heart into the deep)


and we made a pact
to replace doubt with faith


and decided bandwagons
were overrated
or at very best
dubious forms of transportation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beauty babee beauty