Sunday, May 16, 2010

We are fading too like the flowers

 
032
027
033



















Every spring I am overcome by the sudden appearance of blossoming shrubs and flowering trees lining every yard and street.  There is nothing quite like taking a twilight stroll on a still night with the scent of spring heavy in the air. 

Life suddenly feels special. 

Magical.

Every spring I am left wishing that the trees would stay pink a little longer.  That the lilac bushes would continue blooming and that my beloved peonies would bequeath their lush romantic flowers all summer long.
But even though these lovely little gifts of creation don’t last but for a moment, their beauty stays indelibly marked on my heart for the remainder of the year, their memory sustaining me in the harsh light of winter, and I so anticipate seeing them anew in the spring to come.

This spring I wondered if this is a little reminder from God - that we have but a little short season in which to blossom, touch the hearts of those we meet and leave a beautiful fragrance while we are here.
Even if I live to see a hundred years, I am so aware of how quickly the time goes.  I hope my life leaves something lingering… a memory of something beautiful and a bit of hope for the future and the promise of a bright eternal day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it too... love the spring before it leaps into summer