Sunday, October 17, 2010

This marvel, known onetime, as the world wide web

shoots rays of information into our brains like lasers
faster than our fingers can even keep up

with all that I have learned at its feet

I can now call myself

an expert on all things indie (music/books/films/clothing)
a fashionista or critic or designer
stylist
interior designer
chef
baker
writer
photographer
artist
business owner
thrifter
antiquer
Anthro-lover
best-mom-ever
friend to people I hardly know
advice-giver
medical doctor 
private investigator
cultured
world-traveler
foodie
political activist
naturopath
child-raiser
lover/spouse/significant other
crafter
sewer
renovator
glue-gunner
refurbisher
religious expert
shopping guru
consumer on steroids
environmental steward
pet guardian
musician

really there is no end to the things I can be thanks to everything I can learn via the internet.  And so, I think I'll just be it all,  a renaissance woman for the new millenia with plenty of bandwagons to hop on and off of.   It seems that the idea of originality, talent and uniqueness has left the building, along with Elvis... or maybe it was just one of his impersonators. 

But if you can't fight 'em... join em.   No wonder I don't sleep.... who has time? 


No comments: