Friday, February 19, 2010

With glowing hearts

There are a lot of things wrong with the Olympics.

Like the billions of dollars spent. (Um, remember that little event in Haiti last month?)
Like the IOC as a corporation.
Like pro athletes.
Doping, bribing, trash-talk and the like.

However,

I have to admit, that I am always thrilled to the core to cheer for Canada in anything.  I like any excuse to get loud and proud about being Canadian.  And so, seeing all the flag waving, national anthem singing and spontaneous street-hockey playing in Vancouver during these 2010 games just makes me beyond excited that I live in the best country on earth.

Go Canada Go.

(and don't think for one second Husband that this means I'm reconsidering naming any future children Canada, after our great nation.)

No comments: