Saturday, September 12, 2009

Blog Envy or as Gavan would say, "Blenvy".

I have major blog envy.

I envy the blogs that have serious followers and that exude major talent. A couple of these blogs I envy are people I really know and like. Which kind of makes the whole envy thing awkward.

Really though I am super tired and don't care. About very much at all. Sometimes I get all riled up about something or think of something interesting or see something funny and think I should blog about it. And then what happens is that the idea of opening up my computer and typing a whole bunch of words and trying to make them make sense just seems like a lot of work.

I know... I'm seriously lazy.

This is why that little "like" button on Facebook is seriously the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so over comments and all over the "like" button. Click Click Click and I'm done. That's how I wish blog posting was. That somehow I could just click one button and the thoughts of my mind could just miraculously transfer over. I'm sure that day is coming and that the technology probably already exists in some creepy science lab somewhere along with the other two-headed cloned monkeys and robots with feelings.

I also do not have a lot of stick-with-it-ness unless of course it is just easier to keep doing the thing I am already doing and am too lazy to change. Like working at the bank is a perfect example. I hate that job and have been there for a whole decade, yes DECADE of my young(ish) life, and yet I'm half-heartedly attempting to re-gain employment there because I can't be bothered to think up something else.

Perhaps the fact that I have been nursing for two years and haven't had a good nights sleep in three years is partially responsible, but the truth is I'm really just tired and lazy, and that's nothing new.

So instead I'll just continue to read the wonderful blogs of others and feel guilty and jealous that I don't have the unction or gumption or persistance or consistancy to do it myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

darling
gumption
is what you have
and if you say that you are lazy one more time i will strangle you.
you are the most unlazy person i know..not to mention 3 kids-2 dogs-a spiritual life, a reading book life, a party-planning life, 3 blogs, and health problems- good grief- give yourself a break

sharmilla said...

How much do I owe you? And thanks. Seriously.