Tuesday, February 01, 2005

forgiveness

sorry, she says
but no words come out.
the weakness is cheap
the helplessness vile
tomorrow I will do better
be different
say less
I will not spill my anguish
in hopes that your hands are
cupped eagerly.
I see them there, limply
by your side,
in fists behind your back

sorry, she says
but no words come out
I did not mean to
remind you of she
that has birthed you into
sublime existence
I did not intend to intrude
with my dirty nails
and tatted hair
tomorrow I will know better
ask nothing
require even less
dream more

sorry, she says
but no words come out
apologies are over done
(I know)
as futile as
regrets untasted
remorse unheeded
tomorrow I will be better
your phoenix rising
from ashes inert
to full winged glory
against a setting sun.

No comments: