Saturday, January 29, 2005

for whose sake exactly?

you are all wrong. educate yourselves to the fact that, whatever value you think i have... you are wrong. don't tell me you won't be second best when that is the rank you give me. it costs a lot less to window shop than it does to make a purchase. do not massage my ego with your slender fingers. and we came this long... this far without your heart, who made you think it was necessary now..... now that i know how it feels to be admired and adored. you just dangled the shiny bits in front of me hoping for a bite. and you got one. I bit, and here comes your favorite part where the hook gets worked back out, and you toss me back to murky waters, blood trailing. and please remind me to spare myself the overzealous self-esteem routine... if i couldn't make you believe it after three years, i certainly won't convince myself.

No comments: